Company House B&B
The Company House was built in 1850 by Dr. Lewis Kinsey. Dr. Kinsey served the miners who worked in the area copper mines. Margie Tonkin and Mike Fabian purchased the house in 1994 after falling in love with what it once was and could be again.
After 18 months of restoration The Company House is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Ducktown and The Company House are located 3 miles from the Ocoee River, site of the 1996 Olympic White Water events. Activities in the area include: white water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, rappelling, horseback and mountain bike riding, and hiking. Three area lakes offer fishing, swimming, skiing, and boating. This beautiful mountainous area is exceptionally scenic with streams, wildlife and spectacular fall foliage.
Six guest rooms, all named after area mines, are beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques. Each room has a private bath, some with antique clawfoot tubs, all have showers. Computer connections, in room telephone and access to a fax machine are available, when requested.
Guests enjoy a full breakfast including homemade biscuits and rolls, fresh fruits and juices. The parlor, outfitted with a big screen television, is a popular gathering room. Guests also enjoy the rocking chair porch, horseshoe pit, and reading material in the drawing room.